SUNRIVER WOMEN’S CLUB
Accepting 2020 Grant Applications
The Sunriver Women’s Club (SRWC) will be accepting applications for their 2020 philanthropy grant award program starting January 2, 2020. See FAQ below for important dates.
SRWC awards grants to support nonprofit agencies or organizations whose work primarily provide basic necessities in south Deschutes County to women, children, families and seniors. Basic necessities consist of food, shelter, health, clothing, education, child development and care.
Last year SRWC awarded $50,000 to 17 nonprofit agencies, ranging from $575 to $5,500.
Awarding these grants is made possible through the fundraising efforts of the Sunriver Women’s Club and the generous support of the Sunriver community and surrounding area. Since 1999, the SRWC philanthropy program has awarded almost $636,000 to organizations in south Deschutes County.
To qualify, grant applicants must operate under a current 501(c) 3 nonprofit tax-exempt status from the IRS. Grants are evaluated by the SRWC Philanthropy Committee and the Board of Directors select grant recipients in the spring. Application deadline is January 24, 2020.
The grant application can be found on the SRWC website, www.sunriverwomensclub.com on January 2, 2020. For additional information or contact: Debbie Baker, Philanthropy Committee Chair, email@example.com.
(Please note this process is different than previous years)
- We will be offering informational meetings to help agencies fully understand our focus for awards and how to prepare their application for the greatest success potential. The application questions will be available and attendance is encouraged.
• Wednesday November 20, 2019 at 10:30 am, Sunriver Library
• Tuesday December 3, 2019 at 3:00 pm, Sunriver Library
- If you are unable to attend or send a representative, application questions will be available by request from the chair after December 3, 2019.
- Grant applications will be open and available January 2, 2020 on SRWC website and due online by midnight January 24, 2020.
- Each non-profit will make a short presentation to a panel followed by Q&A at a date to be determined in February. These will replace site visits done in previous years.
- The Philanthropy committee will evaluate all grant applications, judging the merits based on specific criteria.
- Award decisions will be presented to the SRWC Board of Directors for approval in March.
- Agencies will be notified of grant award decisions.
- Grant recipients will be honored and celebrated at the Giving Luncheon, May 19, 2020.